Re: BUG #15492: pg_cancel_backend(pg_backend_pid()) returns truesporadically - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: BUG #15492: pg_cancel_backend(pg_backend_pid()) returns truesporadically
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Nov 08, 2018 at 11:31:41AM +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> The *comment* talks about suicide, which indicates that maybe the original
> intention was to use pg_terminate_backend()?  But it has also been i nthere
> since 2009, so why is this problem only showing up now?

Perhaps because the buildfarm does not actually test them on Windows,
because those tests are not run in MSVC scripts even if vcregress.pl is
run manually, and because doing a [install]check-world from the top of
the tree does not trigger them either?  We could get those running
within a TAP test automatically I think.
--
Michael

Attachment