Re: [HACKERS] Surjective functional indexes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Surjective functional indexes
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Surjective functional indexes  (Konstantin Knizhnik <k.knizhnik@postgrespro.ru>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 2018-Nov-08, Konstantin Knizhnik wrote:

> Before doing any other refactoring of projection indexes I want to attach
> small bug fix patch which
> fixes the original problem (SIGSEGV) and also disables recheck_on_update by
> default.
> As Laurenz has suggested, I replaced boolean recheck_on_update option with
> "on","auto,"off" (default).

I think this causes an ABI break for GenericIndexOpts.  Not sure to what
extent that is an actual problem (i.e. how many modules were compiled
with 11.0 that are gonna be reading that struct with later Pg), but I
think it should be avoided anyhow.