Re: pgbuildfarm.org domain expired - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: pgbuildfarm.org domain expired
Date
List pgsql-www
Greetings,

* Andrew Dunstan (andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> On 10/25/2018 12:06 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> >>Josh Drake, did you let this expire? It shouldn't do. If you don't want
> >>to maintain it please assign it to the community or to me.
> >
> >Sorry just saw this. Yes I let it expire. I didn't think we needed it
> >anymore because we have been using the postgresql.org domain for years. I
> >can get it renewed.
>
> There are still places with URLs that refer to it in newsgroup archives,
> mailing lists and the like, so we'll need to CNAME pointer indefinitely.

Having it immediately renewed is good but it's pretty clear that this
domain should be migrated under PGCAC to be maintained with the
postgresql.org and other community domains and run off of the
postgresql.org name servers.

I'm happy to work to implement the domain on the postgresql.org name
servers so that when the registration transfer is done everything is
smoothly transistioned.

Christopher, Joshua, please let me know the timing of that transistion,
so that the postgresql.org nameservers have the up-to-date and correct
information for the domain.  If there are any additional records beyond
the obvious ones, please let me know, so that they can be included.

Thanks!

Stephen

Attachment