Re: syntax error: VACUUM ANALYZE VERBOSE (PostgreSQL 11 regression) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: syntax error: VACUUM ANALYZE VERBOSE (PostgreSQL 11 regression)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 08:19:35AM +0100, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> I have report of one customer. Some scripts stopped on 11 because VACUUM
> ANALYZE VERBOSE doesn't work now.
>
> postgres=# vacuum analyze verbose;
> ERROR:  syntax error at or near "verbose"
> LINE 1: vacuum analyze verbose;
>                        ^
> vacuum verbose analyze is working.

Here you go:
commit: 921059bd66c7fb1230c705d3b1a65940800c4cbb
author: Robert Haas <rhaas@postgresql.org>
date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 10:12:58 -0500
Don't allow VACUUM VERBOSE ANALYZE VERBOSE.

There are plans to extend the syntax for ANALYZE, so we need to break
the link between VacuumStmt and AnalyzeStmt.  But apart from that, the
syntax above is undocumented and, if discovered by users, might give
the impression that the VERBOSE option for VACUUM differs from the
verbose option from ANALYZE, which it does not.

Nathan Bossart, reviewed by Michael Paquier and Masahiko Sawada

Discussion: http://postgr.es/m/D3FC73E2-9B1A-4DB4-8180-55F57D116B4E@amazon.com

You could just use this query for the same result:
vacuum (analyze, verbose);
--
Michael

Attachment