Re: Select "todays" timestamps in an index friendly way - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lutz Horn
Subject Re: Select "todays" timestamps in an index friendly way
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 03:50:14PM +0200, Francisco Olarte wrote:
> It'is not as the problem was stated. Although ts defaulted to now(),
> and it is probably defaulted, nothing prohibits him from inserting
> timestamps in the future.

Yes, this table is only used as an example for the technical question.
In my real use case there are columns like "due_date" which usually
contain future dates inserted by application code.

> the  "timestamps in today" pattern is commonly used in calendaring
> applications, which usually insert appointments in the future and
> recover this way to print "todays schedule".

Exactly. The application must be able to execute queries like "give me
all my tasks due today" without having to use a concrete value for
"today".

Lutz