Re: pgsql: Add TAP tests for pg_verify_checksums - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: pgsql: Add TAP tests for pg_verify_checksums
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2018-10-20 00:25:19 -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> If we are going to decide that we only deal with files in our directories
> matching these whitelisted patterns, then shouldn’t we apply similar logic
> in things like DROP DATABASE and any other cases where we perform actions
> in a recursive manner across our database and table space directories?

I'm honestly not sure if you're just trolling at this point.  Why would
anybody reasonable be concerned about DROP DATABASE dropping the
directory for the database? You're not honestly suggesting that anybody
would write an extension or anything like that that stores data in the
wrong database's directory, right?  Other iterations like fsyncing
files, copying the entire template database directory, etc are similarly
harmless or positive.

Greetings,

Andres Freund