Re: pgsql: Add TAP tests for pg_verify_checksums - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pgsql: Add TAP tests for pg_verify_checksums
Date
Re: pgsql: Add TAP tests for pg_verify_checksums  (Michael Banck <michael.banck@credativ.de>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Oct 13, 2018 at 05:53:00PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> It occurred to me that a pretty simple fix could just be to blacklist
> everything that didn't start with a digit. The whitelist approach is
> probably preferable... depends how urgent we see this as.

Yeah, possibly, still that's not a correct long-term fix.  So attached
is what I think we should do for HEAD and REL_11_STABLE with an approach
using a whitelist.  I have added positive and negative tests on top of
the existing TAP tests, as suggested by Michael B, and I made the code
use relpath.h to make sure that we don't miss any fork types.

Any objections to this patch?
--
Michael

Attachment