Re: Refactor textToQualifiedNameList() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Refactor textToQualifiedNameList()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 09:45:22AM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On 2018-Oct-10, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 09, 2018 at 09:54:12AM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>>> The committer of such a change will get a lot of flak for changing the
>>> #include requirements for code that calls that function, though.
>>
>> So the patch has been switched to rejected...
>
> I know -- I'm just disagreeing with that.

The point of moving stringToQualifiedNameList out of regproc.c to
varlena.c is actually a good one, if we don't add the extra palloc
overhead.  Now I suspect that any change of header makes plugin
maintainers unhappy, and I can see this routine extensively used on
github, like pipelineDB or such.
--
Michael

Attachment