Re: partition tree inspection functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: partition tree inspection functions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 03, 2018 at 08:12:59AM -0400, Jesper Pedersen wrote:
> Removing isleaf would require extra round trips to the server to get
> that information. So, I think we should keep it.

I don't really get your point about extra round trips with the server,
and getting the same level of information is as simple as a join between
the result set of pg_partition_tree() and pg_class (better to add schema
qualification and aliases to relations by the way):
=# SELECT relid::regclass,
          parentrelid::regclass, level,
          relkind != 'p' AS isleaf
     FROM pg_partition_tree('ptif_test'::regclass), pg_class
     WHERE oid = relid;
    relid    | parentrelid | level | isleaf
-------------+-------------+-------+--------
 ptif_test   | null        |     0 | f