Re: Add SKIP LOCKED to VACUUM and ANALYZE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Add SKIP LOCKED to VACUUM and ANALYZE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 03, 2018 at 04:20:42PM +0000, Bossart, Nathan wrote:
> Here is what I have so far for the docs:
>
> [snip]

Thanks, I have committed the patch, after minor tweaks to the docs.
Mainly, in the VACUUM page, I have added a mention that VACUUM ANALYZE
can block for row sampling.  I have also removed for now the set of
recommendations the patch added, as we still gather statistics on the
partitioned tables from the row samples gathered from the partitions, so
recommending to list only the leaves is not completely correct either
all the time.

We could perhaps add something about such recommendations.  A separate
section covering more general things may be interesting.
--
Michael

Attachment