Re: partition tree inspection functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: partition tree inspection functions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 01, 2018 at 03:16:32PM +0900, Amit Langote wrote:
> I wasn't able to respond to some of issues that Jesper brought up with the
> approach taken by the latest patch whereby there is no separate
> pg_partition_level function.  He said that such a function would be useful
> to get the information about the individual leaf partitions, but I was no
> longer sure of providing such a function separately.

Perhaps that could be debated separately as well?  From what I can see
what's available would unlock the psql patch which would like to add
support for \dP, or show the size of partitions more easily.  I am also
not completely sure that I see the use-case for pg_partition_level or
even pg_partition_root_parent as usually in their schemas users append
rather similar relation names to the parent and the children.  Or
perhaps not?
--
Michael

Attachment