Re: ToDo: show size of partitioned table - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: ToDo: show size of partitioned table
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 06:09:05PM +0900, Amit Langote wrote:
> This looks nice, although I haven't looked at the patch yet.  Also, as you
> said, we could later replace the method of directly querying pg_inherits
> by something else.

Yes, at the end we may be looking at something like that which would
avoid the need of any WITH RECURSIVE queries:
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/19/1694/

Tha patch still applies, but I think that we'd want to do something for
the partition tree function first, and then come to this one.  Moved to
next CF.
--
Michael

Attachment