Re: scram-sha-256 authentication broken in FIPS mode - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: scram-sha-256 authentication broken in FIPS mode
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 07:24:24AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Good point.  Such things have bitten in the past.  Okay, then let's do
> something about sha2_openssl.c only on HEAD for now then, which I am
> fine to finish wrapping.

I was looking at trying to commit this patch, however more needs to be
done in terms of error handling, as the proposed patch would happily
crash if EVP_MD_CTX cannot be allocated (understand OOM) in
EVP_DigestInit_ex if I read the OpenSSL code correctly (see
crypto/evp/digest.c).  Our lives would be facilitated if it was possible
to use directly EVP_MD_CTX and EVP_MD_CTX_init so as no allocation is
done but that's not doable as of 1.0.2.
--
Michael

Attachment