Re: Unused argument from execute_sql_string() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: Unused argument from execute_sql_string()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Hi,
>
> I found that a argument "filename" is not used in execute_sql_string()
> although the comment says "filename is used only to report errors.",
> so I think we can remove this argument as done in the patch I attached.

It seems the "filename" argument has been there since the first
version of extension.c was committed. I don't know why it has been
left unused. Maybe someone thought someday he generates more fancy
error reports using it?

Anyway, considering it's a static function, chance of breaking
backward compatibility is minimum, I think.

So +1 to remove the unused argument.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii