Re: Problem while setting the fpw with SIGHUP - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Problem while setting the fpw with SIGHUP
Date
Re: Problem while setting the fpw with SIGHUP  (Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 07:34:36PM +0900, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
> Thanks for prompting. The difference is in a comment and I'm fine
> with the change.

/*
 * Properly accept or ignore signals the postmaster might send us.
 */
-       pqsignal(SIGHUP, StartupProcSigHupHandler); /* reload config file */
+       pqsignal(SIGHUP, SIG_IGN);  /* ignore reload config */

I am finally coming back to this patch set, and that's one of the first
things I am going to help moving on for this CF.  And this bit from the
last patch series is not acceptable as there are some parameters which
are used by the startup process which can be reloaded.  One of them is
wal_retrieve_retry_interval for tuning when fetching WAL at recovery.
--
Michael

Attachment