Re: pg_verify_checksums and -fno-strict-aliasing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pg_verify_checksums and -fno-strict-aliasing
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 09:35:33PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Should we make it a separate test in pg_verify_checksums, or should we
> piggyback on the pg_basebackup tests (which AFAICT is the only ones that
> create a cluster with checksums enabled at all, and thus is the only
> codepath that actually uses the backend checksum code at all, which I think
> is an even worse thing to have no tests of)

This should be a separate suite.  And FWIW, we only use pg_regress to
make sure that an already-initialized data folder has the correct,
secure authentication set.  So creating a node with checksums enabled is
just that:
$node->init(extra => ['--data-checksums']);

[... 20 minutes later ...]
Attached is a basic test suite ;)
--
Michael