Re: Fix for REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW ownership error message - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Fix for REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW ownership error message
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> writes:
> > This is a simple fix why push back ?
>
> What was being pushed back on, I think, was the claim that this needed to
> be back-patched.  I'd be inclined not to, since (a) the message is not
> wrong, only less specific than it could be, and (b) people tend to get
> annoyed by unnecessary behavior changes in released branches.
>
> There might be an argument for putting it into v11, but not further back.

I tend to agree with this, and we don't need to add more work for
translators either, which I'm guessing this would.  For v11 and HEAD, as
long as it doesn't make the code ugly, I do think it'd be good to be
more specific.

Thanks!

Stephen

Attachment