Re: Old small commitfest items - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Old small commitfest items
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 02, 2018 at 10:30:11AM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> 528 1146 Fix the optimization to skip WAL-logging on table created in
> same transaction

This has been around for an astonishing amount of time...  I don't
recall all the details but rewriting most of the relation sync handling
around heapam for a corner optimization is no fun.  There is no way that
we could go down to elimitate wal_level = minimal, so I am wondering if
we should not silently ignore the optimization if possible instead of
throwing an error.  Perhaps logging a WARNING could make sense.

> 669 847 pgbench - allow to store query results into variables

I think that I could look into this one as well.

> 922 180 Failure at replay for corrupted 2PC files + reduce window
> between end-of-recovery record and history file write

I know this one pretty well :), waiting for reviews, and the patches are
not complicated.

> 1113 68 Replication status in logical replication

I think that I could finish this one as well.
--
Michael

Attachment