Re: PG on AWS RDS and IAM authentication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steven Lembark
Subject Re: PG on AWS RDS and IAM authentication
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 11:45:01 -0400
Ravi Krishna <sravikrishna3@gmail.com> wrote:

> https://forums.aws.amazon.com/thread.jspa?threadID=258822&tstart=0
> there was no IAM authentication for PG on AWS RDS. (It is there for
> MySQL). However the link is a year old. Has it changed since then?
> Can we use IAM authentication for PG.

Nothing to do with PG specifically, but you can use IAM to manage
access to the server by host or VPC. The simplest way is to create
a role and assign it to the hosts that are going to access the
server.

You can also create some accounts that are granted access to the
RDS instances.

If you need more help with this feel free to contact me outside
of the list.

--
Steven Lembark                                       1505 National Ave
Workhorse Computing                                 Rockford, IL 61103