Re: ERROR: found multixact from before relminmxid - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: ERROR: found multixact from before relminmxid
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

On 2018-06-08 13:30:33 -0500, Jeremy Finzel wrote:
>    Avoid spuriously marking pages as all-visible (Dan Wood, Pavan Deolasee,
>    Álvaro Herrera)
>
>    This could happen if some tuples were locked (but not deleted). While
>    queries would still function correctly, vacuum would normally ignore such
>    pages, with the long-term effect that the tuples were never frozen. In
>    recent releases this would eventually result in errors such as "found
>    multixact nnnnn from before relminmxid nnnnn".

Oh, I already had forgotten about that one... It does sound like a
likely explanation of your issue. Hard to tell without investigating a
*lot* more closely than I realistically can do remotely.  It seems quite
possible to be the cause - I'd strongly suggest to upgrade to prevent
further occurances, or at least exclude it as a cause.

Greetings,

Andres Freund