Re: PG11 jit failing on ppc64el - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: PG11 jit failing on ppc64el
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Re: Andres Freund 2018-05-22 <20180522151101.drsbh6p7ltxpmn65@alap3.anarazel.de>
> Hi,
>
> On 2018-05-22 16:33:57 +0200, Christoph Berg wrote:
> > PG 11 beta1 is failing on ppc64el. All Debian/Ubuntu releases except
> > Jessie are affected. My guess is on problems with llvm/jit, because of
> > the C++ style error message (and LLVM is disabled on Jessie).
>
> It was bug in LLVM that's fixed now. I guess you can either disable jit
> on arm or ask the LLVM maintainer to backport it...
>
> r328687 - but the expanded tests created a few problems (windows mainly,
> but somewhere else too), so I'd just backport the actual code change.

Thanks also for the extra details on IRC.

I've disabled --with-llvm on all platforms except amd64 i386 now. Will
try talking to the llvm maintainers in Debian to see if we can get
this fixed and have more coverage.

Christoph