Re: Postgres 11 release notes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Postgres 11 release notes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 06:28:36PM +1000, Haribabu Kommi wrote:
> On Sat, May 12, 2018 at 1:08 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>
>     I have committed the first draft of the Postgres 11 release notes.  I
>     will add more markup soon.  You can view the most current version here:
>
>             http://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-11.html
>

> Thanks for preparing the release notes.
>
> >Have pg_dump dump all aspects of a database (Haribabu Kommi)
> >
> >pg_dump and pg_restore, without --clean, no longer dump/restore database
> > comments and security labels.
>
> There is small change in option name, the option to print database comments is
> --create not --clean.

Uh, what about security labels?

> >Have libpq's PQhost() always return the actual connected host (Hari Babu)
> >
> >Previously PQhost() often returned the supplied host parameters, which could
> contain
> >several hosts. The same is true of PQport(), which now returns the actual port
> number,
> >not the multiple supplied port numbers. ACCURATE?
>
> Now PQhost() can return hostaddr also if host is not available. How about
> changing as below?
>
> Have libpq's PQhost() always return the actual connected host/hostaddr
> (Haribabu Kommi)
>
> hostaddr is returned, when there is no host available with the connected host.

OK, here is the new text:

        Have libpq's <link
        always return the actual connected host (Hari Babu)

        Previously <function>PQhost()</function> often returned the
        supplied host parameters, which could contain several hosts.
->      It will now also return the host's IP address if the host name was
->      not supplied.  The same is true of <function>PQport()</function>,