Re: Postgres 11 release notes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Postgres 11 release notes
Date
Re: Postgres 11 release notes  (Teodor Sigaev <teodor@sigaev.ru>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 07:49:50PM +0300, Teodor Sigaev wrote:

> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >I have committed the first draft of the Postgres 11 release notes.  I
> >will add more markup soon.  You can view the most current version here:
> >
> >    http://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-11.html
> >
> >I expect a torrent of feedback.  ;-)
> Hi!
>
> Seems, you miss:
> 857f9c36cda520030381bd8c2af20adf0ce0e1d4 Skip full index scan during cleanup
> of B-tree indexes when possible

I read that and thought it was too details to be in the release notes.
It is not that it is unimportant, but it is hard to see how people would
notice the difference or change their behavior based on this change.

> c0cbe00fee6d0a5e0ec72c6d68a035e674edc4cc Add explicit cast from scalar jsonb
> to all numeric and bool types.
>
> Pls, edit:
> Add functionjson(b)_to_tsvector to create usable text search queries
> matching JSON/JSONB values (Dmitry Dolgov)
> Add function json(b)_to_tsvector to create usable vectors to search in
> json(b) (Dmitry Dolgov)
> or somehow else. Your wording is about query but actually that functions are
> about how to create tsvector from json(b)

OK, how is this text?

        Add function <function>json(b)_to_tsvector()</function> to create
        </type>values (Dmitry Dolgov)

I have made this change but can adjust it some more.