Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 09, 2018 at 02:01:26PM +0900, Amit Langote wrote:
> On 2018/05/09 11:31, David Rowley wrote:
>>>
>>> Yeah, making it static might be a good idea.  I had made it externally
>>> visible, because I was under the impression that the runtime pruning
>>> related code would want to call it from elsewhere within the planner.
>>> But, instead it introduced a make_partition_pruneinfo() which in turn
>>> calls get_partprune_steps.
>>
>> Yeah. Likely left over from when run-time pruning was generating the
>> steps during execution rather than during planning.
>
> Here is a patch that does that.

Thanks, Amit.

Alvaro, could it be possible to consider as well the patch I posted
here?
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20180424012042.GD1570@paquier.xyz

This removes a useless default clause in partprune.c and it got
forgotten in the crowd.  Just attaching it again here, and it can just
be applied on top of the rest.
--
Michael

Attachment