Re: pg_stat_statements : how to catch non successfully finishedstatements ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Arthur Zakirov
Subject Re: pg_stat_statements : how to catch non successfully finishedstatements ?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 01:24:25PM -0700, legrand legrand wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I was wondering if there is a hook to collect non successfully finished SQL
> statements in pg_stat_statements (timed-out, cancelled, killed, or simply
> errored) ?

Some time ago I looked for a such hook. My case was to log failed access
permissions checks. I didn't find a way to do it, except adding a
narrow-focused hook within ExecCheckRTPerms().

There is ErrorContextCallback. Context callbacks are called when an
error was raised. But I don't think that it is a good approach for
pg_stat_statements cases.

--
Arthur Zakirov
Russian Postgres Company