Re: Synopsis of SELECT statement: UNION, INTERSECTION, EXCEPT - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Synopsis of SELECT statement: UNION, INTERSECTION, EXCEPT
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Mon, Apr  2, 2018 at 08:21:45PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Based on this discussion, I have developed the attached patch which
> > tries to clarify the behavior without adding complexity.
>
> I don't think this is an improvement, really ... in particular, it
> makes the <synopsis> not self-contained, which is pretty horrible
> for psql's help.

Well, we know we are limited in how much precision we can add without
losing clarity.  I don't have any new ideas so we will just have to keep
what we have, though I do think mine was an improvement in enough areas
to warrant it.