Re: [HACKERS] AdvanceXLInsertBuffer vs. WAL segment compressibility - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [HACKERS] AdvanceXLInsertBuffer vs. WAL segment compressibility
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 07:11:02PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Chapman Flack <chap@anastigmatix.net> writes:
> > On 03/30/18 16:21, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> I did not like the proposed test case too much, particularly not its
> >> undocumented API change for check_pg_config,
>
> > Other than that API change, was there something the test case could have
> > done differently to make you like it more?
>
> Well, if that'd been properly documented I'd probably have pushed it
> without complaint.  But I did wonder whether it could've been folded
> into one of the existing tests of pg_switch_wal().  This doesn't seem
> like a property worth spending a lot of cycles on testing.

Sorry for coming in late.  I have been busy doing some net-archeology to
look for tools using XLP_BKP_REMOVABLE.  One is pglesslog that we
already know about.  However I have to be honest, I have not been able
to find its source code, nor have I seen another tool making use of
XLP_BKP_REMOVABLE.  Could we just remove the flag then?
--
Michael

Attachment