Re: Protect syscache from bloating with negative cache entries - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Protect syscache from bloating with negative cache entries
Date
List pgsql-hackers

<43095b16-14fc-e4d8-3310-2b86eaaab662@pgmasters.net>
> > On 3/15/18 1:12 AM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
> > > At Mon, 12 Mar 2018 17:34:08 +0900 (Tokyo Standard Time), Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp>
wrotein >

> > > The attached is the patch set including this plancache stuff.
> > >
> > > 0001- catcache time-based expiration (The origin of this thread)
> > > 0002- introduces dynahash pruning feature
> > > 0003- implement relcache pruning using 0002
> > > 0004- (perhaps) independent from the three above. PoC of
> > >       plancache pruning. Details are shown above.
> >
> > It looks like this should be marked Needs Review so I have done so.  If
> > that's not right please change it back or let me know and I will.
>
> Mmm. I haven't noticed that. Thanks!

I actually think this should be marked as returned with feedback, or at
the very least moved to the next CF.  This is entirely new development
within the last CF. There's no realistic way we can get this into v11.

Greetings,

Andres Freund