Re: how to shrink pg_attribute table in some database - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From hubert depesz lubaczewski
Subject Re: how to shrink pg_attribute table in some database
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 05:15:14PM +0300, Artem Tomyuk wrote:
> For now pg_attribute bloated to 300GB in size, and we have only 260GB's of
> free space on disk.
> In normal situation pg_attribute takes 50mb in size for our DB...
> Can we assume that if we will run vacuum full on pg_attribute it will take
> additional 50MB on disk?

You can estimate by doing:

create table z as select * from pg_Attribute;

and then checking size of z.

bloat there suggests that you have huge churn in tables - like: create
table, drop table, lots of times.

Best regards,

depesz