Re: file cloning in pg_upgrade and CREATE DATABASE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: file cloning in pg_upgrade and CREATE DATABASE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I think this documentation change:

    +   leaving the old cluster untouched.  At present, this is supported on Linux
                                ---------

would be better by changing "untouched" to "unmodified".

Also, it would be nice if users could easily know if pg_upgrade is going
to use COW or not because it might affect whether they choose --link or
not.  Right now it seems unclear how a user would know.  Can we have
pg_upgrade --check perhaps output something.  Can we also have the
pg_upgrade status display indicate that too, e.g. change

    Copying user relation files

    Copying (copy-on-write) user relation files