Re: [HACKERS] Surjective functional indexes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Surjective functional indexes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
The whole IsProjectionFunctionalIndex looks kinda bogus/ugly to me.  Set
the boolean to false, but keep evaluating anyway?  But then, I thought
the idea was to do this based on the reloption, not by comparing the
expression cost to a magical (unmodifiable) value?

In RelationGetIndexAttrBitmap(), indexattrs no longer gets the columns
corresponding to projection indexes.  Isn't that weird/error
prone/confusing?  I think it'd be saner to add these bits to both
bitmaps.

Please update the comments ending in heapam.c:4188, and generally all
comments that you should update.

Please keep serial_schedule in sync with parallel_schedule.

Also, pgindent.