Re: configure's checks for --enable-tap-tests are insufficient - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: configure's checks for --enable-tap-tests are insufficient
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Christoph Berg wrote:
> Re: Alvaro Herrera 2018-03-20 <20180320185038.r3hjvfio4elnaqku@alvherre.pgsql>
> > Time::HiRes is also in libperl5.24, so as far Debian goes, that one
> > would be unnecessary; but IPC::Run and Test::More are in separate
> > packages (libipc-run-perl and libtest-base-perl, respectively.)
>
> The Debian package build-depends on these:
>
>  libipc-run-perl,
>  libperl-dev,
>  perl (>= 5.8),
>
> Test::More is provided by several packages:
>
> perl-modules-5.24: /usr/share/perl/5.24.1/Test/More.pm
> perl-modules-5.26: /usr/share/perl/5.26.1/Test/More.pm
> libtest-simple-perl: /usr/share/perl5/Test/More.pm
>
> ... so depending on "perl" is enough, which pulls in
> perl-modules-$current.

Actually, the whole point of this exercise is to ensure that configure
complains properly if somebody installs perl-base but not perl, that is,
what happens if perl-modules-5.24 is not there.

I think you need libperl5.xx in order to use --with-perl; and if you
install that one, you're going to get perl-modules-5.xx as a side
effect, so that scenario is covered.  I don't have a minimal Debian
installation to try
  configure --without-perl --enable-tap-tests