Re: pg_get_functiondef forgets about most GUC_LIST_INPUT GUCs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Subject Re: pg_get_functiondef forgets about most GUC_LIST_INPUT GUCs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At Fri, 16 Mar 2018 21:15:54 +0900, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote in <20180316121554.GA2552@paquier.xyz>
> On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 09:40:18AM +0100, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> >> That's true, but doesn't the additional rule make it more
> >> bothersome to maintain the list?
> >
> > Hard to say. I have not opinion. But just when I see in this context
> > variables like listen_address, shared_preload_libraries, then it looks
> > messy.
>
> Let's be clear.  I have listed all the variables in the patch to gather
> more easily opinions, and because it is easier to review the whole stack
> this way. I personally think that the only variables where the patch
> makes sense are:
> - DateStyle
> - search_path
> - plpgsql.extra_errors
> - plpgsql.extra_warnings
> - wal_consistency_checking
> So I would be incline to drop the rest from the patch.  If there are
> authors of popular extensions willing to get this support, let's update
> the list once they argue about it and only if it makes sense.  However,
> as far as I can see, there are no real candidates.  So let's keep the
> list simple.

FWIW +1 from me. It seems reasonable as the amendment to the
current status.

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi