Re: SSL passphrase prompt external command - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: SSL passphrase prompt external command
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 12:07:59PM -0400, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 3/15/18 12:13, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> * In src/tools/msvc/Mkvcbuild.pm
>>
>>     # if building without OpenSSL
>>     if (!$solution->{options}->{openssl})
>>     {
>> +       $postgres->RemoveFile('src/backend/libpq/be-secure-common.c');
>>         $postgres->RemoveFile('src/backend/libpq/be-secure-openssl.c');
>>     }
>>
>> Is this because run_ssl_passphrase_command() would otherwise generate a warning
>> due to not being used?
>
> I have no idea. ;-)  It's the same thing I was told to do for
> fe-secure-common.c a while back.

I don't recall saying exactly that either :)

You need to filter out OpenSSL-only code when MSVC builds without
OpenSSL because it includes all files listed in a path by default.  No
need to make compilation include files which are not necessary.  This
change is correct by the way.
--
Michael

Attachment