explain with costs in subselect.sql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject explain with costs in subselect.sql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Tom, all,

When forcing JITing to be enabled for all queries, obviously only useful
for testing, I noticed that two explain outputs changed after I added
explain support.

The only differences come from:

-- Unspecified-type literals in output columns should resolve as text

SELECT *, pg_typeof(f1) FROM
  (SELECT 'foo' AS f1 FROM generate_series(1,3)) ss ORDER BY 1;

-- ... unless there's context to suggest differently

explain verbose select '42' union all select '43';
explain verbose select '42' union all select 43;

which don't use costs=off.  Is there a reason for that? I assume it was
just a harmless oversight?

Has been added in
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=1e7c4bb0049732ece651d993d03bb6772e5d281a

Greetings,