Re: ERROR could not access transaction/Could not open filepg_commit_ts - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: ERROR could not access transaction/Could not open filepg_commit_ts
Date
List pgsql-general
Jeremy Finzel wrote:

> UPDATE: what is actually failing is a call to
> pg_xact_commit_timestamp(xmin) on a given table under the view.  We still
> think we must have some corruption though with pg_commit_ts.

This is not a valid query, because the xmin may belong to a frozen
tuple.  pg_commit_ts does not keep data forever; old files are removed.
Anything older than datfrozenxid could return that error.