Re: csv format for psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Fetter
Subject Re: csv format for psql
Date
Re: csv format for psql  ("Daniel Verite" <daniel@manitou-mail.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 07, 2018 at 07:40:49PM +0100, Fabien COELHO wrote:

> Hello Pavel,
>
> >>        psql --csv 'TABLE Stuff;' > stuff.csv
> >
> >There is commad -c and it should be used. The --csv options should not to
> >have a parameter. I don't like a idea to have more options for query
> >execution.
>
> Yes, I agree and that is indeed what I meant, sorry for the typo. The
> cleaner example would be something like:
>
>   psql --csv -c 'TABLE foo' > foo.csv
>
> With a -c to introduce the command.

This seems pretty specialized.  If we're adding something new, how about

    psql --format=csv -o foo.csv -c 'TABLE foo'

Or we could stick with:

    psql -P format=csv -o foo.csv -c 'TABLE foo'

Best,
David.
Phone: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!