Re: Documentation of pgcrypto AES key sizes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Documentation of pgcrypto AES key sizes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 12:33:41PM +1300, Thomas Munro wrote:
> I noticed that the documentation for encrypt()/decrypt() says "aes —
> AES (Rijndael-128)", but in fact 192 and 256 bit keys are also
> supported, whether you build --with-openssl or --without-openssl.
> Should that say "AES (Rijndael-128, -192 or -256)" instead?

Indeed. Instead of using the keysize as a prefix, I would personally
find less confusing if written as "AES (Rijndael with key sizes of 128,
192 or 256 bytes)" instead of the phrasing you are proposing. Well, it
is true that "Rijndael-128" and friends are wordings that can be found
here and there..
--
Michael

Attachment