reducing isolation tests runtime - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject reducing isolation tests runtime
Date
Re: reducing isolation tests runtime
List pgsql-hackers
On the subject of test total time, we could paralelize isolation tests.
Right now "make check" in src/test/isolation takes 1:16 on my machine.
Test "timeouts" takes full 40s of that, with nothing running in parallel
-- the machine is completely idle.

Seems like we can have a lot of time back just by changing the schedule
to use multiple tests per line (in particular, put the other slow tests
together with timeouts), per the attached; with this new schedule,
isolation takes 44 seconds in my machine -- a win of 32 seconds.  We can
win a couple of additional second by grouping a few other lines, but
this is the biggest win.

(This needs to be adjusted because some table names in the specs
conflict.)

Attachment