Re: proposal: alternative psql commands quit and exit - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: proposal: alternative psql commands quit and exit
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Geoff, all,

* Geoff Winkless (pgsqladmin@geoff.dj) wrote:
> On 15 January 2018 at 16:10, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > More broadly, I think what is needed here is less C-fu than
> > English-fu.  If we come up with something good, we can make it print
> > that thing.
>
> Can we not just say "ctrl-D to quit" instead of \q? Doesn't that work
> everywhere?

My favorite part of this thread so far is actually realizing that when
someone hits ctrl-D, we'll happily print '\q' even if we were in quotes:

=> select $$
-> oh look
-> \q
-> doesn't work
-> but if I hit ctrl-D...
-> \q
➜  ~

Which is pretty cute considering \q doesn't actually work there. :)

Thanks!

Stephen

Attachment