Re: pg_basebackup is taking more time than expected - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: pg_basebackup is taking more time than expected
Date
List pgsql-general
Greetings,

* Raghavendra Rao J S V (raghavendrajsv@gmail.com) wrote:
> I am asking in my previous mail as, Does the pg_basebackup depends on any
> of the postgres configuration parameters likes shared
> buffer/maintanance_work_memory etc? If yes, which are those configuration
> parameters, I need to take care/increase the value?

No, pg_basebackup doesn't really depend on any of those values (except
for things like max_wal_senders and whatnot to allow it to run at all,
of course).

> Please let me know what does this means.
>
> *Please don't top-post on the PG mailing lists.*

It means that you should reply in-line, like I'm doing, and remove text
that isn't relevant to your response.

> *How to get clarifications on my query?*

Either I've answered this above, or I don't know what you're asking
here.

Thanks!

Stephen

Attachment