Re: help with generation_series in pg10 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: help with generation_series in pg10
Date
RES: help with generation_series in pg10  (Márcio A. Sepp <marcio@zyontecnologia.com.br>)
List pgsql-general
Márcio A. Sepp wrote:

> how can i have the same in pg10 as i have had in pg 9.x?

Move the function call to the FROM clause:

select g, (g - 1) % 5 + 1 from generate_series(1, 10) g;

> I need it to date type to...  if possible.

There is a generate_series() variant that can return dates (more
precisely, timestamp with time zone).  But what exactly would you like
returned?