Re: PATCH: pgbench - option to build using ppoll() for largerconnection counts - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: PATCH: pgbench - option to build using ppoll() for largerconnection counts
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Doug,

* Rady, Doug (radydoug@amazon.com) wrote:
> This patch enables building pgbench to use ppoll() instead of select()
> to allow for more than (FD_SETSIZE - 10) connections.  As implemented,
> when using ppoll(), the only connection limitation is system resources.

Looks like this patch had some good feedback back when it was posted,
but we haven't seen any update to it based on that feedback and we're
now nearly a week into the January commitfest.

In order to keep the commitfest moving and to give you the best
opportunity at having the patch be reviewed and committed during this
cycle, I'd suggest trying to find some time soon to incorporate the
recommendations provided and post an updated patch for review.

Thanks!

Stephen

Attachment