Re: What generates pg_config.h? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: What generates pg_config.h?
Date
List pgsql-general
Re: Adrian Klaver 2018-01-06 <67591f85-a910-2e0b-1fdd-9c774eacd65f@aklaver.com>
> The problem you are running into is that the build process is using both the
> older(9.6.5) and newer(10.0) pg_config.h at the same time.

Fwiw, all issues I've seen so far of that kind could be resolved by
putting -I$(pg_config --includedir-server) before -I$(pg_config
--includedir) in the Makefile.

I don't know of any PG extension existing in the wild that does not
work with having both /usr/include/postgresql/$version/server/pg_config.h
and /usr/include/postgresql/pg_config.h installed - and we are
packaging a lot of extensions for apt.postgresql.org for non-latest
majors.

Christoph