Re: What generates pg_config.h? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: What generates pg_config.h?
Date
List pgsql-general
Travis Allison wrote:
> No instance of Postgres 10 running. I took Tom's suggestion: I ran dpkg -S
> /usr/include/postgresql/pg_config.h
> Result: libpq-dev: /usr/include/postgresql/pg_config.h
>
> Here is the result from dpkg-query -l | grep libpq
>
> ii  libpq-dev                                     10.0-1.pgdg16.04+1
>                                    amd64        header files for libpq5
> (PostgreSQL library)
> ii  libpq5:amd64                                  10.0-1.pgdg16.04+1
>                                    amd64        PostgreSQL C client library
>
> So thanks to all of your help, I've identified the culprit.
>
> Any suggestions on what to do next?

I wonder if there is a mistake in the use of INCLUDEDIR vs.
INCLUDEDIR-SERVER for -I.  Maybe both are being used, and looks like
only the latter should be.  It seems odd that there are two pg_config.h
files getting included ...

but I do wonder why is there a pg_config.h in libpq-dev.