Re: Fix a Oracle-compatible instr function in the documentation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Yugo Nagata
Subject Re: Fix a Oracle-compatible instr function in the documentation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 31 Dec 2017 17:52:49 +0900 (JST)
Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Attached is a patch to fix a very trivial issue of the documentation.
> >>
> >> The documentation of PL/pgSQL provides sample codes of Oracle-compatible
> >> instr functions. However, the behaviour is a little differet.
> >> Oracle's instr raises an error when the forth argument value is less than
> >> zero, but the sample code returns zero. This patch fixes this.
> >
> > Do we need treat this as a bug fix? If so, do we need to back patch as
> > well?

This is a little improvement of the documentation to reduce confusion of users
who work on migration from Oracle. I don't know whether this need tobe back
patched, so I'll leave a decision up to commiters.

> I have added this to CF 2018-01.

Thank you.

--
Yugo Nagata <nagata@sraoss.co.jp>