migrations (was Re: To all who wish to unsubscribe) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject migrations (was Re: To all who wish to unsubscribe)
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 08:40:08PM +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> Which is why the extra email was sent *after* the migration, to make sure
> it would be the first one *not* hitting peoples filters, and thus have a
> chance of being read even if the others weren't.

That surely didn't work, since the relevant people received that mail
after the migration had happened.

> So do you have any suggestions for actually fixing that? Given that we have
> more lists to migrate, if you can figure out a way to make those changes
> without peoples filters not matching, we'd be happy to hear it..

I don't have an answer for that, but I will note that if this
migration was announced weeks in advance I certainly missed it.  I
admit I was busy, but I can't find it in the mail I didn't read yet,
either.

Maybe a two week heads up that some time in the future the mail is
going to change (the same announcement as was sent) would help?

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@anvilwalrusden.com