Re: To all who wish to unsubscribe - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: To all who wish to unsubscribe
Date
Re: To all who wish to unsubscribe
migrations (was Re: To all who wish to unsubscribe)
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 8:37 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
On 11/20/2017 11:11 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
Vick Khera <vivek@khera.org> writes:
Did the list software change? All my messages from here are not being properly auto-files by the filter I have set up.
Yes - did you not see either of the "migration to pglister" messages?
There's a summary of the changes at

I certainly didn't. It is rather difficult for people with day lives that do not revolve around postgresql.org to keep up with the large amount of traffic that comes from the lists.

Which is why the extra email was sent *after* the migration, to make sure it would be the first one *not* hitting peoples filters, and thus have a chance of being read even if the others weren't.

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PGLister_Announce

Those looking to unsubscribe should also read that page.  Sending
"unsubscribe" messages to the list will not accomplish anything
except to annoy the rest of the list membership.

This is true but I would suggest it was a flaw in the migration not the user wondering why they are currently getting spammed because their filters no longer work.

So do you have any suggestions for actually fixing that? Given that we have more lists to migrate, if you can figure out a way to make those changes without peoples filters not matching, we'd be happy to hear it..