Re: Migration to PGLister - After - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Migration to PGLister - After
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dave,

* Dave Page (dpage@pgadmin.org) wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 3:39 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> > * Alvar C.H. Freude (af@alvar-freude.de) wrote:
> > > I’m using Sympa for my own mailing lists and are always interested in
> > other alternatives then mailman.
> >
> > Yes, it's actually on our git.postgresql.org system already, we just
> > need to go through it and review it again to make sure there isn't
> > anything inappropriate for being published and then we'll open it up.
> > I'll try to find time this week to do that.
>
> It's worth noting though that it is tied into both our existing community
> user account system and our underlying infrastructure. Don't expect a nice
> shiny RPM or DEB that you can just install and run - it would almost
> certainly take a fair amount of effort.

Agreed, but were someone interested in making that happen, I don't think
we would be against it.  Of course, there'd be quite a few details to be
worked out in any such effort, but I don't think we necessairly need to
shut it down if someone's willing to do it.

Thanks!

Stephen