Re: [GENERAL] parray_gin and \d errors in PG10 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Justin Pryzby
Subject Re: [GENERAL] parray_gin and \d errors in PG10
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Oct 22, 2017 at 02:36:12PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> writes:
> > After installing parray_gin extension and pg_upgrading another instance,
> > \d is failing like so:
>
> > [pryzbyj@database ~]$ psql ts -c '\d pg_class'
> > ERROR:  operator is not unique: "char"[] @> unknown
> > LINE 6:   (stxkind @> '{d}') AS ndist_enabled,

> match the anyarray operator.  Possibly we could use
>
>     (stxkind @> '{d}'::pg_catalog."char"[])
>
> That works for me without parray_gin installed, but I wonder whether
> it fails due to ambiguity if you do have parray_gin installed.  In
> principle this'd still match the text[] @> text[] operator, and I'm
> not sure whether we have an ambiguity resolution rule that would
> prefer one over the other.

ts=# SELECT oid, stxrelid::pg_catalog.regclass, stxnamespace::pg_catalog.regnamespace AS nsp, stxname, (SELECT
pg_catalog.string_agg(pg_catalog.quote_ident(attname),',')  FROM pg_catalog.unnest(stxkeys) s(attnum)  JOIN
pg_catalog.pg_attributea ON (stxrelid = a.attrelid AND       a.attnum = s.attnum AND NOT attisdropped)) AS columns,
(stxkind@> '{d}'::pg_catalog."char"[]) AS ndist_enabled, (stxkind @> '{d}'::pg_catalog."char"[]) AS deps_enabled

FROM pg_catalog.pg_statistic_ext stat WHERE stxrelid = '1259'
ORDER BY 1;
ERROR:  operator is not unique: "char"[] @> "char"[]
LINE 6:   (stxkind @> '{d}'::pg_catalog."char"[]) AS ndist_enabled,                  ^
HINT:  Could not choose a best candidate operator. You might need to add explicit type casts.

Justin